Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 22, 2017

October: So Far, So Good....

Spending almost all my time at home lately (which is actually fine by me) has afforded me the opportunity to get back to beading.  My craft table was overloaded with projects ready to work on when life went sideways at the end of August.  It's been so great to get back to it!  

Picked up a couple of glass floats up in PTown this summer and added the beaded strand to it.  I need more of those mirrored tiles to work on the second float.


Drilling the hole through this agate slice was time consuming and required 3 drill battery recharges. Then added the beads for a window hanging.

I'd started this in August and just wasn't feeling it at the time.  I was glad to get this one finished at last.  That red bead on the left strand glows in the dark.

Labradorite & glass beads on the left, watermelon tourmaline on the right.

Matching necklaces


I just love those funky bead strands that are in craft stores and Walmart's craft section!  I restring them in the exact order as they are in the store.  

Another necklace.

I found this rainbow string of beads at Walmart.  Put them on memory wire with a prism on the bottom for a swirly effect.

My friend Ruth has commissioned 3 driftwood hangings from me, one which was requested to be blue & brown.

Annette commissioned this from me, in memory of her sister Debby who passed away this spring

I love love love mini bottles.  I got 4 up in PTown at the same place as the floats so I had fun embellishing them. 



I made this for my stepdaughter.

And this one too

Ta-Da!  My Bear cross stitch is finally done too!

Cool clouds one night

And THEN my friends Deb & Jim sent this Seahawks goodie package to me!  Russell wanted to tear into the M&Ms but there is no way I'm opening it!  The bracelets are wicked pretty and I can't wait to use the cookie cutter.

This one is the coup de grace!  The Space Needle in chipboard to assemble and paint!!!!!  I can't wait to start working on it!!!!  If I do the Hawks colours, I will have to tone down the lime green.  I can't stand it.

I have never been a 'one day at a time' kind of person but this whole past month has forced me into that mindset.  Just taking one day at a time to catch up on my crafting!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! How soothing all of those amazing crafts must have been to get back into. Beads are just incredible-I usually have to tear myself away from that aisle of the craft stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I love looking at and touching beads as much as working with them!! I still have a few more projects to do so that I can clean off the table for new projects.

      Delete
  2. You make such lovely things! I am a bit partial to the one you made with memory wire! Oh, that green - I love green with the exception of that shade, I would change it also. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! The Seahawks used to have a deeper green, then it was a bit minty and now it's neon. Can't stand it. lol

      Delete
  3. Love all the bead works.. I didn't do any beading since long.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna! It had been quite awhile for me too but now I can't seem to stop! hahaha

      Delete
  4. What a bonanza of great projects! Love the memory wire piece, and of course the bear cross stitch. I hope you are enjoying a nice fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It's been a warm fall so we don't have much foliage unfortunately.

      Delete
  5. I'm gawking at all your pretty, shiny, colorful creations.
    I also adore the bear-butterfly.
    Hope all's well, JoJo.
    Been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! Hoping things return to more normalcy soon. But I am enjoying being home so much more.

      Delete
  6. You have been beading up a storm for sure. My favs are the driftwood hangings and the memory wire with the prism. So pretty and colorful. How fun are those tiny bottles. hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Jane! I'm still beading up a storm too.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:38 AM

    You have done amazing job with beads. All looks beautiful and colorful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to sell them if I can get in on a craft fair set for 12/2

      Delete