Not gonna lie, March really sucked weather-wise except for a handful of precious days. We had a hell of a howler on the last day of the month. Roads were flooded, creeks over their banks, etc. Pretty sunsets from time to time.
Of course we lost that hour switching over to Daylight Savings Time which I have always hated. Standard time is real time. People are always kvetching about how early it gets dark. It's only a period of time of like 60 days tops. If that. The light already starts coming back by mid January.
So my peace embroidery has taken over the craft table. What a mess.
The floss situation on the other craft table got completely out of control. I spent some time trying to get it somewhat organized and discovered that I have A LOT of duplicate skeins. So I made this meme to remind myself to look at what I have before trotting off to the store to get more.
Now I can start stitching again and only pull out ONE skein per colour. That will keep it under better control.
Started this diamond painting. It's OK. It was only $5. It came in a very flimsy package unlike the more expensive kits. The plastic sheet over the adhesive surface was ripped and the adhesive is so-so. If this one is going to be displayed, it will have to be framed for sure. The other thing is that it's only the peacock design that gets the tiles. The background is preprinted already. Finally, the tiles are round, not square. They fit together better than I thought, but I prefer square. It's going fast though. At this point I'd put in about an hour at a time over 3 days.
And of course I made my hubby's fave pineapple upside down cake for his birthday. He loved it. As did I. Last year I did it as a bundt but it seems too dry that way so I went back to the 9x9 cake pan. We don't like cherries so I don't use them.
I finally had a rainy, pajama day where all I did was do some crafts and a few chores. Besides working on the diamond painting, I did this saturn Makit Bakit kit. It only came with red, yellow and glow in the dark but I dipped into my stash for the other colours. This project went sideways the first day I worked on it. I was nearly done when my arm hit the pan and sent everything cattywampus. I had to back away till the next day when I started over, carefully putting the crystals back practically one at a time.
I ended up having to bake this THREE times. I had to fill in spaces with more beads and remelt it. Then I found that I skipped a dark green section and had to put it back in the oven again to fill it in. I guess all the extra work paid off cause I love how it came out.
I got a ton filled in on the peace sign, now that I can actually locate the floss I need.
It's really going fast now!!
I really hope we start getting some warm temps soon.