Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

March 10, 2015

Winter's Last Gasp......We Hope!

Last week we had two more snow events....actually three.  One was Sunday night (3/1) which melted pretty fast the following day.  Then it snowed Tuesday afternoon, and then another 'small' storm was predicted for Thursday.  Unfortunately they were WAY wrong about that one and the 3"-6" turned into a foot or more for Bourne & Sandwich.  It did not make for a pleasant time trying to get to a couple of appointments in Falmouth, but luckily we got home safely.  It finally stopped snowing around nightfall.





I wonder how long it'll take till my deck is snow-free.






We are all hopeful that was the last storm of the season.  At least with March snow, it does start to melt pretty quickly as we move towards spring.  The weekend was sunny and in the upper 30s and low 40s, so things are starting to finally thaw.  I really want that snow to come off the roof quickly. The south side is melting nicely but the north side is much slower.  I'm getting more icicles on that side now which look cool in the afternoon sun.  See the droplet falling?



The forecast calls for rain tonight and FIFTY ONE DEGREES on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!  That's going to feel downright hot!  

12 comments:

  1. That is cool with the droplet!! Great to hear too that it is warming up!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 46 today but I don't hear as much dripping outside as I would like. Really need that snow off the roof.....it's stressing me out.

      Delete
  2. No matter how much you hate ice and snow, you have really captured some beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I miss my day trips. Can't wait to resume them soon.

      Delete
  3. It's been brutal this winter! I can't wait until it all melts away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. You must have a hard time finding parking up there in Boston with all that snow!

      Delete
  4. Wow, we had a lot of snow but not nearly that much!!! Ours turned to rain, melted off, and flooded most of the county XD Your pictures are beautiful - make me want to turn my heat up, but beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Boy I wish ours had turned to rain. We are getting rain tonight and there will probably be some local flooding because the storm drains are still covered by snow.

      Delete
  5. You worked with black/white and colors perfectly in these pictures. I've really been feeling for you with that kinda weather, but these photos are gorgeous, JoJo. Get your summer garb ready for weather in the 50s - WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black and white by nature, not by me or my camera settings. lol Today's supposed to be in the 50s, although at the mo it's 37. I can see bits of my driveway!

      Delete
  6. Cool pic JoJo. You really have had it badly this winter. Our snow has been melting away merrily today and we are all hoping that will be the end of it. But, after all, this is Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are predicting snow/wintery mix for Friday and Sat., with rain Sat. night and snow/sleet for Sunday, so we aren't out of the woods yet.

      Delete