Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

January 7, 2015

Closing Out The Year

I had to shoot one last experimental picture before the decorations came down.  I would like to do this again with a bigger tree, but overall I'm pleased with the effect.


I had .60 off a gallon of gas with my Stop & Shop points, which made my fill up under $2/gallon. First time since the early 00s.

Cheapest fill up in 14 years.  HOLLAH!

New Years Day was beyond lazy.  Well.....for hubby and the dogs anyway!  I worked on my new laptop, did laundry, made pasta fazool, finished putting the decorations away, prepped blog posts and put the Christmas cards in my scrapbook.  Before the decorations were completely done, I found that starfish ornament in my craft room, courtesy of Ms. Peepers.  She just loves that starfish.  I picked it up to put away but she was standing there so I bent over and offered it to her just to see what she'd do and she gently took it from me.  So cute.  But I didn't want it to get ruined so I took it back and put it away in bubble wrap.  


"Mama! Can I get a scritcher?"


I just love that sweet face! February will be 12 years since I got her.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    That's a VERY cool pic! I love it and I love those pups of yours too. So adorable and yay you for that amazingly low gas fill up. What the heck?? I use gas coupons all the time and have never gotten it that low. Yay you! - Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to try it again next year at someone's house, someone that has a bigger tree than we do. Gas is a little cheaper here than out west, but not by much. My friends in the midwest are seeing under $2 without discounts!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:38 AM

    My heart melted at all your doggie pictures. Just adogable!

    I'm really digging the low gas prices. It's nice to drop fifty bucks every time I fill up. Although, I heard they are talking about increasing the fuel taxes. Jerks.

    I love how you did that picture, JoJo. It shows real talent and your camera is da bomb. (Sorry with such low gas prices, I feel the need to use old slang).

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie!!!! I got some cute pics of them in the kitchen 'helping' Russell with some chicken he was cutting up for soup. I will have to post those soon. Gas keeps dropping here...now it's in the $2.30 range. A couple more trips to stop & shop and I can get it under two bucks again!

      Delete
  3. That first picture is absolutely one of your very best. WOWSA! You had a very busy New Years! Sometimes it is so much better when you stay busy. Your dogs are sweet hearts. I just want to snuggle them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could do so much better with that picture but I had that huge clear ball balanced on a stack of DVDs on a wobbly end table. lol I promise to get a better shot next year. My dogs have me wrapped around their paws too. Russell watches me jump up and tend to & dote on their every need, hint, paw, big eyes, etc. I swear I hear them giggling and saying, 'mama a suckah'.

      Delete
  4. I love your experimental tree picture- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dogs are so sweet! I am envious of your gas prices. I thought ours would drop lower here in Pa.,they are $2.25, however there is talk of raising them to fix our potholes...love your picture of the tree,phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't get it with the gas thing at all. There are already tons of taxes on it to allegedly fix the roads yet there never seems to be enough money to fix the roads. That money is lining someone's pocket.

      Delete
  6. Hey JoJo,

    How adorable are your dogs! Nothing like experimenting with your photos. I experiment with photos aka flukes in my case :)

    We'd love to have your gasoline prices!

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Gary! Yeah I know we Americanos should quit complaining about gas prices when you guys have been paying way higher prices, way longer. Even in Canada, years ago, I was all, 'WOW .75 a gallon!' and then realized it was per litre, and at 3.8 litres per gallon, that was way more than we were paying in the USA.

      Delete