Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 19, 2014

An Afternoon Trip to Onset

One afternoon I had a sudden urge to go to Onset and walk around, since it has been a long time since I went down there.  


Great pizza and subs! 


 Lots of people getting some rays.







I love this place.  It's huge.


Stone Bridge Marina.



Great architecture and I love the cute homes but they are just way too close to each other.


Pink house with flamingoes.  I'm not sure if this was a private home or a B&B.

Those are pink flamingos hanging above the porch rail.



Marigolds.  Fall is here.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a magical place. Love seeing your pictures JoJo. You are so lucky to live nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am pretty lucky to live around here. It's very scenic!

      Delete
  2. Love the weather vanes, especially the mermaid. As you say, great architecture. An interesting town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The houses are very gingerbready....sort of like Martha's Vineyard.

      Delete
  3. I like the architecture, is it East Coast Colonial? The Yellow building is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me they look Victorian or Edwardian to me, at least some of them do. You see this stuff more in Northern California, which is probably why I love Onset so much.

      Delete