Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 27, 2013

Chatham, Part 1


I finally got a crystal clear day in mid-October to go to Chatham, at the 'elbow' of Cape Cod.  I kind of spaced that it was Columbus Day, which explains why there were so many people in town and why it was so hard to get parking at Harding Beach.  It's a beautiful and upscale place and the tiniest of cottages sell for well over half a million dollars.




This is the library

Placed there by the Village Improvement Club 1914


Beautiful old churches



Then I drove to Harding Beach and was lucky to get a parking spot.  It was jammed.  This is Chatham Light, across from the beach.






To be continued...

7 comments:

  1. Nautical shots are always welcome, JoJo. Lighthouses and old buildings appeal. Very nice. I like that shot of the white spire of the church piercing the blue sky.
    I enjoy your walkabout tours! Such a picturesque area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Beautiful day, beautiful pictures of a beautiful place :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to wake up on the West Coast and tour a slice of the Colonial America that I learned about in history classes.

    I encourage you to join Sundays in My City, JoJo. It's another nice group of folks to share your photos with.

    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Postcard-worthy images JoJo! Sorry I haven't visited in a bit... I was on a business trip to Orlando for a week - and of course I HAD to visit Hogwarts whilst there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the photos, Jojo. This town reminded the one they show in the Vampire Diaries, due to architecture style I guess.
    Have a happy day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots. Loved the ones of the little lighthouse best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture perfect town :)
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    xx

    ReplyDelete