Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 29, 2013

Still Learning

I think, for the time being, I am going to be letting the camera shoot in auto-mode, correcting for everything under the sun, until I can figure out how to take great shots by using all the settings.  

So here's a pic of a jar full of the glass bits I took home from McDermott Glass.



I found the glass pumpkin jar at the junk/antique shop, Rust Ed, and it fit all but the largest pieces.




Pokeberries.

Hints of fall starting to show up!



The colour in the chimes I got in the spring really faded in the summer sun.


It should be noted that I got in quite a few day trips plus our annual trip to King Richard's Faire - and this time we took the kids - so posts will be somewhat rapid fire.  I'm waiting for the inevitable message from Blogger that I've reached my Picasa album limit unless I buy more space.  Last year it happened in late November.  lol  The weather has been absolutely amazing so I'm back to beachcombing and exploring.

14 comments:

  1. Nice shots! I especially like the clouds - the one on the left looks like a side profile of an angel with her wings spread wide. Good capture of that spider web, too! Fall has hit here, too. The tree outside my patio is shedding its leaves; although they haven't changed color. Some trees have changed color already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten that message from Blogger, too, JoJo. We like photos too much, I guess. I like the look of the blue and green glass. Great container, too. I think that's a reasonable plan to learn your camera slowly. I'm still learning my digital SLR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to see the fun you're having with your new camera. Can't wait to see what you do with that pretty new blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:23 PM

    You really did end up with a great collection from McDermott. What a great bunch of people they are to let you take that glass from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such bright and cheerful photos, Jojo. really liked that glass in a pumpkin jar! The chimes look still fine :) Have a happy trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sparkly pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. It's good to see you taking so many pictures of late.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:22 PM

    I can't seem to take a single step outside without walking into a spider's web!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The spider web is amazing, and of course I'm partial to gnomes. Great shots. I think auto is a great way to start learning it. You go girl!
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
  10. JoJo, those pokeberries are the poisonous berries that I also posted and, right? I learned that from you. I just hadn't thought anything of popping them in my mouth, before learning they could kill me. Glad I'm still alive. They are darn pretty.

    I always enjoy your photos.

    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS I meant "and ate, right?" =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pictures. I especially love the spider web! WOW, that is amazing. We have poke berries around here too and they are so pretty to photograph. I may have to grab my camera and rush out and take some shots!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pictures. I especially love the spider web! WOW, that is amazing. We have poke berries around here too and they are so pretty to photograph. I may have to grab my camera and rush out and take some shots!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool shots JoJo! I am catching up with all your posts finally - now I have time to sit and admire all your photos... so beautiful, from wisps of clouds to delicate spider webs.

    ReplyDelete