Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

May 10, 2013

You Like Me!


Very honoured that Dawn at Big Girl Panties awarded me a Liebster Blog Award!  Thank you Dawn!

I really don't know what 11 factoids to share about me that haven't already been shared. I'm stumped on that  one.  Y'all already know so much about me from prior posts!  

1.  The smell of curry makes me instantly nauseous and gives me a headache.
2.  Ditto for honey, except for the headache.
3.  Ditto for perfume including the headache.
4.  I have a large collection of 45 rpm records, purchased during & right after college, in the hopes that one day I'd own a Wurlitzer bubbler jukebox. 
5.  I haven't been on a bicycle in over 20 years.
6.  Ditto for ice skating.
7.  I wish I had gone into forensic psychology.  Unfortunately I'd never heard of that field when I went to college and I just don't feel like going back to school now.
8.  I. Hate. Crickets.  And grasshoppers too.  *shudder*
9.  I've never eaten venison or any big game meat, except for bison burgers.  
10.  I get a wicked bad headache if I skip my morning coffee.
11.  I never got used to the taste of beer and despite brewing it, belonging to a brewclub in CA and going on scores of events and field trips with them, I still can't stand the stuff.  Blech.  I don't like the taste of wine either.  

These are the questions that Dawn proposed for her award winners:

1. What do you value most in life?

Friendship & loyalty.


2. If you had to pick up and leave now, to move to another country, where would you go?
OMG that's a no-brainer:  CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Preferably BC, but I'd live in one of the Maritimes. 
3. How do you deal with someone you don't like?
Avoid them as much as humanly possible.  If I have to be in their presence, I remain cordial, but I also won't take any shit either.  Meanwhile I have a running commentary going on in my head of all the things I'd really like to say.  lol
4. Name one Television character that you simply adore?
Just one??? Det. Robert Goren, Det. Elliot Stabler, Pete Hutter, Cast of Big Bang Theory, Cast of Friends.
5. What would you chose, love or money and why?
Love.  Because money doesn't buy happiness.
6. If given a choice, what animal would you like to be and why?
Orca whale, cause I'd get to swim around the Salish Sea.
7. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what 5 things would you hope you had with you?
My fiance', my dogs, shelter, craft supplies (hey that counts as one!) and camera.  
8. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
John Pyper Ferguson, Vincent D'Onofrio, James Dean, John Muir, Dorothea Lange, Laura Ingalls Wilder
9. What do you miss most about being a kid?
Lack of responsibilities.
10. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I almost did change it, in the 1990s, to Cheyenne.  But maybe Angelina, which was my great great grandmother's name.
11. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
Again, just one question?  I want to know who killed Kennedy, if Sasquatch exists and if aliens are really visiting earth.


I'm supposed to nominate a bunch of you guys and ask some questions of you but as is my usual M.O., I am inviting everyone who reads to claim the award for yourselves, share facts about yourself and answer these questions here.  I love all the blogs that I follow and to single out a certain amount doesn't seem fair.  You ALL deserve it! 

6 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common. Can't stand perfume or even scented laundry products. Headache doesn't even come close to how awful I feel!

    Congrats on the Liebster--Dawn Marie honored me as well!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award, loved reading your answers. :)

    Seems there are far more people today that suffer from allergies or sensitivities to things like fragrances, lotions and common foods like peanuts and things with gluten than we had in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings JoJo,

    Hearty congrats on receiving that award. You've just reminded me I'd better not have any more coffee. Almost three in the morning in lil' ol' England.

    The mighty Sasquatch lives. I've seen its car parking space in Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, eh.

    Have a good weekend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? I can just TAKE a Leibster Award??? I'm so grabbing it. I've wanted one for a long time. I LOVE awards. Seriously. Thanks! I also so enjoy learning obscure facts about my favorite blogger buddies!

    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for honest answers.. they did sound like this. I also try to avoid a person I don't like...
    Yea I'd probably take my husband, my yarn and hooks, some tent, a pot for cooking, and a drinking water :)
    Have a nice day, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award!! You are the most deserving person I know. You are awesome!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete