I've gotten so used to seeing my 3 ring binder Project Book over the years that I've ceased to actually 'see' it anymore, until the other day. I decided to pull it out and take a look at some of the projects I've been saving since the 1990s. I started this binder back in California. A lot of the rhinestones have popped off over the years.
This sucker weighs a ton and is 4" tall. (I have two other 3-ring binders that contain just pictures of beautiful arts & crafts. I call them my Books of Pretty Things).
All the pages are in page protectors, of course. The first section of pages is just devoted to tips, techniques and stitches. The rest of the book has all the projects.
So many jewelry and ornament ideas!!! There are some that I know I lack the skill to make. Like for example I don't think I'll ever be able to make Huichol earrings and they aren't at all in style anymore.
I showed it to Russell, sighed wistfully and said, 'I always meant to get to these and never did.' He goes, 'So what's stopping you now?' Hmm...good point!! I've been so busy doing Pinterest and internet crafts that I haven't made any time for these (although there are quite a few in here that I have done)!! Time to fix that.
The first one I decided to do was a decorated vase. I found the cobalt vase at the Whatchamacallit Shop on Easter for $3.00. So I used the glass etching kit to put a sun on the front.
Then I strung the coloured glass beads around it, added the drops and finally the blue and silver swags.
I swore I wasn't going to make any more jewelry till my current stuff sells but the instructions for this were really simple and I had all the supplies at hand without needing to dig too much.
And then I made this Christmas tree 'one of a kind cause I ain't doin' that again' pin. I now remember why I don't work with seed beads all that much. It's tedious as hell. I haven't done brick stitch in years and I was very clumsy at first & I nearly gave up a few times. I also couldn't understand the instructions on how to increase the rows to make the tiers, so I ended up doing 3 separate pieces and joining them up the best I could.
And here is a pic of it after the backing was put on (green felt). I just need to find a small pinback for it. I used a green marker to hide the white thread!
That's a good start! Now only about 200 or more left to go.