These are all the eggs I've done thus far....including some that I made a few years ago in Washington (3 in the front row and 2 in the center), plus the 3 silk tie eggs I did last summer in the back row. The only one missing is the red one I gave to my step daughter. So pretty. So much work.
But was I satisfied? Oh no no no. Why would I be? Especially when I still had almost a dozen jumbo white eggs left, and I wanted to try decoupaging onto the undyed eggs. This one is mod podged with blue and purple fibre paper.
I was gonna go a totally different way with this egg till I ran across the fancy 'E' in an ephemera book. E being for Earle, not egg. This was very hard to do and very hard get that pearl bead circle even. Plus I had a major measure fail so that the designs on the front and back are closer to each other on one side than the other.
This is the other side of it. I would love to know what percentage of my life is spent waiting for glue to dry.
Meanwhile, I was also making this Ravenclaw-inspired wand for myself. I left the chopstick wood plain because the wand in Pottermore.com is light coloured pine. I only painted the hot glue part.
I used a small, blue frosted marble and 2 grey Picasso beads. The gold metallic thread is supposed to represent the core of unicorn hair.