I saw a cool idea on Pinterest to use a doily to make a dream catcher. I finally found some doilies at JoAnn Fabrics in Hyannis but they are kind of poorly made and didn't fit into the metal ring I had at home.
But then those pre-starched crochet snowflakes surfaced when I took out the decorations so I snagged a couple. This was the project I'd had to step away from when I went to Onset that one day. It may look like it was easy but I ran into some problems stitching the beads due to the high amount of starch and difficulty getting the needle through it.
After I had the snowflake attached to the ring, which was originally wrapped with synthetic sinew fibre, I realized I should have covered the bland sinew with floss. That meant stopping what I was doing and trying to shimmy in this step as an afterthought. It was Not. Easy.
I used some peacock feathers on the bottom. I'm not crazy about the way they hang but oh well.
Then I stuck some stuff on these mini glass bottles I had laying around. Just what I need....more knick knacks.
This one was definitely fun to make and is definitely for me.