Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 27, 2012

Projects

I saw a cool idea on Pinterest to use a doily to make a dream catcher.  I finally found some doilies at JoAnn Fabrics in Hyannis but they are kind of poorly made and didn't fit into the metal ring I had at home.  


But then those pre-starched crochet snowflakes surfaced when I took out the decorations so I snagged a couple.  This was the project I'd had to step away from when I went to Onset that one day.  It may look like it was easy but I ran into some problems stitching the beads due to the high amount of starch and difficulty getting the needle through it.

After I had the snowflake attached to the ring, which was originally wrapped with synthetic sinew fibre, I realized I should have covered the bland sinew with floss.  That meant stopping what I was doing and trying to shimmy in this step as an afterthought.  It was Not. Easy. 

I used some peacock feathers on the bottom.  I'm not crazy about the way they hang but oh well.

Then I stuck some stuff on these mini glass bottles I had laying around.  Just what I need....more knick knacks.

This one was definitely fun to make and is definitely for me.





10 comments:

  1. How cool JoJo! I love all the stuff you made!! My favorite of all is the peace, love and happiness bottle - same as my car window clingy my son got me for Christmas. I am pretty much an old hippie so it's just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! I always knew you were a hippie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    Your inventiveness never ends :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't look at a dreamcatcher now and not think of Stephen King's book of the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace and Love, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your mind must be working all the time! I don't know where you come up with these ideas, but I'm glad you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those dreamcatchers, JoJo. And those tie-dyed bottles are *definitely* you! ;-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Jojo! One question: where do you find such bottles? they are absolutely gorgeous for such kind of project!
    I've been dreaming to make a dream catcher for long..now you gave a great idea on how to implement this dream in life!i love the last bottle, so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use a snowflake! I think the peacock feathers look just perfect too. Of course I love the peace bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! Honestly all these ideas come from the internet...i just adapt them to the materials I have on hand.

    ReplyDelete