Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 29, 2011

Beautiful Tuesday

One of my friends from high school, Laurel Gage, comes from a very, very musical family.  It being a small town, her dad, Bobby Gage, went to school with my cousin Dickie, in the 1950's.  Bobby is very well known in the area for his country western music and he owned a club called For the Good Times, 'back in the day'.  So it came as no surprise that Laurel's son, Matty, has picked up the musical torch with his band, Beautiful Tuesday.  Their popularity is beginning to snowball around here, as they are very tight and very good.  They just got back from making their official video for "(I'll Prove You) Something More", a great tune with a strong anti-bullying message. Matty is the cutie on guitar.  You can also check out their blog HERE.  Their mission is to bring the topic of bullying to the forefront and help those kids who feel hopeless to realize that they are  'something more'.

 I hope you take the time to give it a listen; you won't be sorry.  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! And I am not even into that kinda music ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 PM

    I wish I could sing like that! Cool tune/band, good cause :0)

    ReplyDelete