Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 19, 2011

The End of the Line

July 2 was our last day on the road.

I shed a few tears upon seeing this sign.  I never thought I'd see the day when I moved back.


Nothing to shoot pics of on the Mass Pike either, but by the time we got off at 495, and then 25, we were stuck in bumper to bumper 4th of July traffic going on Cape for the long weekend.





This is the train bridge in Buzzards Bay, that stays in the up position to allow boat and ship traffic through the Cape Cod Canal, but lowers to let the trains across.

Getting closer.

Sagamore Bridge in sight.

Welcome home to the Cape.  Sandwich is on the other side.

What an amazing journey and we had the best time.  I wish we could do it again!

6 comments:

  1. This makes me feel so much. I lived up there for a year once with a crazy Bostonian. I still keep in touch with him although we are both married to different people now and both with children. He's awesome and I adore his wife. I wish we lived closer.

    All those signs are making me misty.

    Hope you are loving your new life.
    xoxo m

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe that I'm closing in on 2 months back here. And I am very much loving my new life. I haven't been this happy since I can't remember when. I have no reason to be in a bad mood anymore and it feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy for you Jo. Don't look back. The past is gone. Focus now on the future. There are a great many beautiful things in store for you and Russell. Have a wonderful weekend. We'll talk soon. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it again? Do you mean that? I was shattered after less than 200 miles travelled yesterday, with a long, relaxing afternoon in between!

    I'm so glad you've found happiness. You deserve it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Thank you for sharing your trip - I felt like I was there :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went coast-to-coast twice, once in 1979 and again in 1981. The first time, took detours through Bryce Canyon and Denver, second time I was a Greyhound bus and the only break I got, was in Salt Lake City. I loved both trips!!!! I dunno if I could handle it at my age, unless it was stretched out over 2-3 weeks...

    ReplyDelete