Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

May 31, 2011

Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium

I went to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, the same day I went to Stadium High School.  I had heard that this was a 'great zoo', as good as the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.  Naturally I had to check it out.  Boy was I disappointed!

It's a nice setting, but there weren't a lot of animals and I didn't get many photos at all.  It was like Noah's Ark with only one or two animals per exhibit.  And the aquarium in Golden Gate Park, SF is way better than this one. 

The peacock was pretty...I covet those blue feathers.


I found Nemo.



There were 2 elephants

2 Sumatran tigers


A tapir



4 penguins


Some otters




2 polar bears


An arctic fox

One red wolf that was desperate to shred this fence and dig under it.






In the gift shop

Left the Zoo and drove to Owens Beach, also in Point Defiance.  This is Commencement Bay.

And a shot of The Narrows & Bridge, from another view point at Point Defiance.

3 comments:

  1. That is pathetic!

    I hope the Sumatrans are on the stud list, 'cos assuming they are one of each, they need to breed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply HATE zoo's, Jojo! Look at those majestic animals trapped behind fences :-(

    The bay pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:38 AM

    Geez, that's hardly what you would call a zoo. I did like your action shot of the polar bears, nice capture, gotta say.

    ReplyDelete