Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

February 23, 2011

Deady Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looky what I got from Pernicious Panda!!  She had a collection of Grateful Dead Beanie Bears and rather than donate them to Goodwill, she asked if I'd like to give them a new home instead!  I was more than happy to!  Aren't they cute?  The Dancing Bear design has always been my fave of all the Dead logos.

Each bear is named after a Dead song.
Back row, left to right:   Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Althea, Delilah and Sugaree
Front row, left to right:   Bertha, Samson, St. Stephen, Stagger Lee, Jack Straw and Cosmic Charlie
(Although "Samson" and "Delilah" are separate bears, the song is called "Samson & Delilah")

Thanks so much PP!!!!  I appreciate it!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Awesome! I'm sure they'll be very happy in their new home :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Makes me miss the days when I have my own bear collections back home in the Philippines.

    http://brownbugz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly welcome! When I pulled those off the closet shelf and asked myself, "Who do I know who would appreciate Deady Bears?" only one name came to mind. They are meant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that is so coo of you, PP!
    Jojo, you must be ecstatic!

    I am a teddy collector myself, but sadly my babies are currently residing in cardboard boxes at my mom's house, cussing me out from the darkness of the storeroom. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:27 PM

    OMG, those are so adorable! That's definitely right up your alley and a good home for them now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have one!!! he/she is named "L'il Sugar". something tells me that i'll need to take her/him on my next trip as well as garcia the beanie baby.

    ReplyDelete