Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 4, 2009

Northwest Trek

Back in June, we spent the morning at Northwest Trek, a beautiful and brilliant wildlife preserve featuring animals found in the Pacific NW. I was very disappointed that the woodland creatures weren't out, and the otter tank was being cleaned so the otters were elsewhere. The bear exhibit was closed, and the wolves & big cats were elusive. Shooting the birds was difficult because of the low lighting in the woods, yet the flash made them looked washed out. But the big game animals came out great and most were shot from a moving tram!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Obviously, the animals didn't know you were coming love ;0)

    Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!!! Love the eagle!!! And of course, you know how I love turtles. :)

    The buffalo and "dinosaur tree" are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Shooting the birds"!!! Only with the camera, luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwww......I wanna live there!
    Beautiful pics, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your pics..I particularly like the bison(?) and moose (?)

    As you can see my knowledge of American wildlife is maybe lacking slightly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quality! What's the one horned goat like thing? Probably a goat I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eliza, yes those are bison and moose. I was going to ID the animals & started w/ the golden eagle, then I didn't finish. lol

    WR - I know that poor old mountain goat only had 1 horn. We thought maybe the guy was dead, b/c he was so still and so beat up!

    As you can see, the big game animals are allowed to roam freely in one section, and they come right up to the tram windows (which were open). I could have touched that moose right on the nose, she was so close!

    ReplyDelete