Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 11, 2009

Bringing Lady Axe to Brandon's Grave

Last year, I made a promise to Axe that I'd get the song she wrote for Brandon Lee, up to his grave in Seattle. She emailed me the lyrics and I did them up on parchment paper. I added the pic of Axe, then I spattered it with red ink to make it look like blood. It was still missing something, so I took it outside and burned the edges. Pleased with the results, I was ready to head up.

But, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to get up to Seattle in 2008 and then the winter and spring weather shut me down till July, when I was finally able to make it up there.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is incredibly awesome.


    Also, I like the new colour of your Blog. Might be that it's that way for a while already, but I just noticed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:13 AM

    *Bows respectully in front of computer screen*


    Beautiful pictures Jojo. I LOVE Axe's song for Brandon, and the 'flow' note, which makes clever use of Bruce's ethos to 'Be like water my friend...'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Diane, you see things in my work I don't. I am glad you like it.
    The REAL song I wrote for Brandon is called "Rogue in the Chamber", referring to the rogue "bullet" in the chamber of the gun that killed him, but I am putting this in as a narration.

    And again, Jojo, I thank you deeply for all the trouble and the beauty you bring to my art. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:48 PM

    I love words Axe, expecially when they're meant for people I love and respect :0) If ever a guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time, it was poor Brandon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very lovely, her song...your work on presentation.

    ReplyDelete