Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 20, 2007

Canis Doofus

We've all heard of the Canis Lupus (wolf), Canis Latrans (coyote) and Canis Lupus Familiaris (dog). But today I would like to introduce you to the Canis Doofus. Judging from the photos I saw of Liz's adorable Sheltie, Ruff, all dressed up for Halloween, she has a Canis Doofus as well.



This is one of my two Canis Doofi. I have to say, this particular German shepherd is not terribly intimidating when he's running around with a squeak toy in his mouth. I'm convinced that he'd let anyone in the house as long as they gave him a belly rub and a biscuit. Well, maybe not....But he sure acts goofy around us.


Sagan sez, "I has a duck!" "I loves mah duck."

"See mah duck?"


"It not cheezburger...is duck!"

What kind of Canis Doofus do you have?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:56 PM

    I have a goofy one like your two Jo, she has all kinds of stuffed toys, she has a booboo that she loves to carry around with her. I love these goofy ones, they are so much fun and so loving. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have felis craftius.

    Like Shelley, an old boy who sleeps on my bed all day. He goes up and down stairs whenever he feels like it, but I always have to carry him down last thing at night, when he suddenly loses the use of his legs. Clever, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Aaaaaaaw............

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 4 very cunning cats. They were all strays, they found their way to me, what was I going to do....Ignore them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:37 AM

    He's got those baseball bat paws, just like my doggie has. But he sure is a handsome dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:43 AM

    I think Ruff is canis cleverus. He has all of us trained- rather than the other way around. He was just indulging me for the holiday! ;)
    I love the photos of your babies! They are both so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have four canus scarfus...they will eat any food that isn't their's....AND then that boring drivel in their bowls.They have a hard life of sleeping in our bed (save for Kol,she is TOO big) with us at night,lazing on the sofas all day,playing outside and their constant pursuit of that elusive creature...the squirrel.

    Dachshunds sniff out food...it is what they DO.Kol is part bloodhound,so it is her duty to do the same.

    ReplyDelete