Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 21, 2006

What a great show!!


I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to expect from David Cassidy, after all these years, but the concert on Friday was outstanding! I was so afraid that the show would be lame and I'd kick myself for ruining the fond memories of my youth. Boy was I wrong! The only thing missing from the show was my 2 cousins, Sharon & Diane. I wished so much that they were there with me, singing along like we used to when we were 7 & 8 years old. I nearly called them on my cell and held up the phone, but they are on the east coast and probably would not have welcomed a call so late at night.

David's still extremely hot. For a 56 year old man, he still has all the moves that made young women scream and faint in the 70's; as it is women were screaming, "I love you David" and passing him their phone numbers!! He's an excellent entertainer, and really knows how to work the crowd. He was funny and self-deprecating, yet sincere in his appreciation for the fan support all these years, which endeared him to the crowd immediately. You just can't not like the guy. David opened the show w/ Deep Purple's "Hush" which was amazing, then he sang a whole bunch of great Partridge Family songs, as well as 2 Beatles covers and some of his solo stuff. He played both acoustic and electric guitar, and paid a lot of attention to the fans in the first 2 rows. I suppose I could have edged up myself and perhaps gotten a hand shake or hand slap, but I just couldn't make myself do it. Hopefully my photos turned out!!

I'm off to Vancouver on Wednesday. Catch up to everyone later!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great show.....

    Safe trip to Vancouver, give my regards to Stanley Park!!

    (The squirrel's have dark fur unlike their relatives in the States) I know, I'm weird, but it was the first thing I noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it didn't disappoint.... and yeah men of 56 can rock... ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. have a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've got some more happy memories. Have a great time in Vancouver. Just think, it may be the only time we're ever in the same country at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Our native squirrels are red, but those wacky Victorians bringing back American ones, which are better adapted, means the grey squirrel is all most Brits ever see. The red squirrel is now endangered.

    ReplyDelete