Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 16, 2006

Rene Magritte






Belgian artist Rene Magritte has been my favourite artist since I was in high school, when my best friend, Liz, showed me a book of his paintings. These are some of my faves.

The third painting I posted, of the lion and the man with wings, "Homesickness", is Liz's favourite by Magritte; at least it used to be! My fave one is the first picture, of the train in the fireplace, "Time Transfixed". I used to have a poster of the 4th painting of the 3 spheres, which name escapes me. My friends and I used to refer to it as the "Geffen balls" because they look the logo for Geffen Records.

7 comments:

  1. I like the Surrealists. Dali is my favourite, but Magritte is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise to find some of Magritte’s works! There are some of his works I like, especially one called ‘The Lovers’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz - I nearly posted "The Lovers"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Liz says it's still her favourite, and Ryan likes it too. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:46 PM

    To clarify... the Liz on here is NOT my mom, it's another Liz.

    *sigh*

    The Lizard says it's still her fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am another Liz :).
    I had to have another look! Love it.
    ...Oh, maybe you can post The Lovers another time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are good, but I'm with Val here... I love Dali's work.. wonder what Goren would make of it!!!!

    have a great weekend

    lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete