Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 11, 2018

Halloween 2018

So we ended up taking an unscheduled trip to Ohio to spend Halloween with the boys.  It all started in mid-September when Casi & I were messaging back and forth about their costumes and sending each other links.  She found Snoopy and Woodstock and we both agreed those were the ones.  Then I joked that 'now I need to be there to take pictures' and she begged and I asked Russell and he said said yes, so there ya go. 

Unfortunately people thought Mark was Tweetie bird, a little yellow bird and I can't remember what all else.  Still the cutest Woodstock ever.  He is such a good little baby.  So happy all the time unless he's hungry.


I died.  How adorable is little Dale?  He's learning how to say 'thank you' which is cute too.

I hogged the baby.

Casi & I carved pumpkins.  Mine's the owl.  We also attempted to roast the seeds then forgot about them till Russell asked, 'what's that smell?'   They were burned to a crisp. They got a tad overdone. 


Casi's mom works at an assisted living/nursing home and the night of the 30th they hosted a trick or treat, and we also took them around her grandmother's neighbourhood on Halloween.  

Pamela invited us in when we got back.  It was a heavy mist all night so we were soaked (not her grandmother, just the rest of us).  Russell wisely stayed back at Pam's house too while we went around.  

This kid.

Casi & I went to the store one morning and got baking stuff.  We made cupcakes and rice krispie treats with Reeses cups making a center layer.  The cupcakes were good but the other one was way too sweet.  

That's Mark's 'food anticipation face'.  It's freakin hysterical the way he kicks his feet and opens wide for the spoon or bottle.  He's definitely an Earle.  

She and I also went shopping for kids' winter clothes, and couldn't resist getting Dale this smart little suit.

We did Christmas and Dale's birthday a day or so after Halloween.  We'd brought all the gifts for them.  I was so happy that Tina, Pam and Darrell came over for the early festivities. 


The gifts were a hit which was nice.  I love spoiling these kids.



I got this little outfit for Marky and OMG how adorable is he? 

This was taken a couple hours before we had to leave for a bonus side trip from Ohio.  We adore these boys and it's always hard to say goodbye.  Dale cried.  I got misty eyed too.

We will be back there in March!

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun time with lovely babies.. My son is crazy about snoopy, he has a huge book of snoopy comics..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Snoopy and Woodstock too....for as long as I can remember.

      Delete
  2. of course your pumpkin is perfectly crafted. The kid pics are great and the costumes extra cute. Sounds like you enjoyed a lot of holiday -good to go when the driving is still decent and not snowed in. Big thumbs up for all the smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! We had a great time. It was more of a 'hanging out' trip than the last two when we were doing stuff every day. They are such sweet kids.

      Delete